Staging Your Home
Setting the Stage
Before the first buyer walks in your door, I'll show you how to set the stage. We want to engage the buyer's senses. Lighting is critical. We'll draw back curtains, open blinds, change light bulbs and add lighting where needed to welcome the buyer. We'll enhance the ambiance with music playing lightly in the background and insure a pleasing aroma emanates from every room.
Staging Your Home Checklist
Remove all clutter from the house.
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
Check the bathrooms.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
Are towels neatly hung?
Check the walls.
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
Check the floors.
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
Check windows and window coverings.
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
How's the aroma?
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
Set the mood prior to showings.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.
Contact J. Mulkerin Realty for more information or with any questions you may have. To view the latest real estate for sale in the Woburn, MA area, view our recommended search categories or use the advanced search tool.
Don't forget to create an account with our save your favorite listings & custom searches.